Warm weather, the promise of longer days, and plenty of opportunities to explore Indianapolis.
Never hear your kids say, “I’m bored,” ever again. To get your family’s summer started on the right foot, check out our official list of 100 things to do in and around Indy this summer!
2. Enjoy an outdoor movie at Newfields’ Summer Nights Film Series.
3. Touch a truck… at a local Touch-A-Truck festival.
4. Explore a new playground.
5. Visit your favorite Indy-area farmers market.
6. Enjoy an Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra Symphony on the Prairie concert at Conner Prairie.
7. Do a self-guided tour of Traders Point Creamery. Then indulge in ice cream afterward.
8. Soar through the treetops on a zip lining adventure.
9. Take in the fresh air on one of Indianapolis’ hiking trails.
10. Discover nature inside at a central Indiana Nature Center.
11. Road trip to an Indiana water park.
13. Try out a new sport at the Riley Sports Legends Experience at the Children’s Museum.
14. Set up a tour with friends at a local fire station.
15. Take the family for a round of Duckpin bowling in Fountain Square.
16. Check out $5.25 movie Wednesdays at Flix Brewhouse.
17. Pack a picnic for the Concerts on the Canal. Free seating on the lawn.
18. Don’t let the rainy days deter you! Head inside to an indoor playground.
19. Scope out the The Carmel Fire Buffs and Fire Department Museum.
21. Head to the Indianapolis Art Center for free, rotating exhibitions.
22. Cheer for the Indianapolis Indians. Bonus: Kids eat free on Sundays!
23. Explore the caves and caverns of Indiana.
24. Go for a balloon ride at Conner Prairie.
25. Head to the Indianapolis Zoo every Thursday July 4 – August 1 for the smooth sounds of Animals and All That Jazz.
26. Dust off your bowling shoes! Kids Bowl Free in Indianapolis all summer long.
27. Splash around at the Monon Center’s Waterpark, opening Memorial Day weekend!
28. Catch a performance of The Little Mermaid at Beef and Boards! The show runs May 23 – June 30. Discount of $10 off per ticket available to children ages 3-15.
29. Plan a camping trip to one of these great campsites just a 90-minute drive from Indy.
30. Enjoy the thrill of a roller coaster or the fun of a classic midway ride at one of these awesome amusement parks.
31. Explore the Treetop Outposts at Conner Prairie.
32. Speaking of trees, play in the treehouses at Flat Fork Creek Park in Fishers.
33. Check out Carmel’s newly renovated park Lawrence W. Inlow Park.
34. Head to the Indiana State Museum and Eiteljorg Museum for free public events and activities all summer!
35. Spend a rainy day inside at the Museum of Miniature Houses.
36. Scan the 2019 Guide to Outdoor Movies in Indy and find the perfect family flick.
37. Discover a new park with our Unlimited Park Guide.
38. Explore a new lake or river by the way of canoe or kayak.
39. Visit the interactive and fun Holliday Park Nature Center.
40. Eat lunch at City Market in downtown Indy. If you go on Wednesday you can also check out Indianapolis’ largest farmers market.
41. Take the plunge and try zip lining with Go Ape! at Eagle Creek Park (ages 10+).
42. Pop a tent for a backyard campout.
43. Round up your sports enthusiasts for a spin through the NCAA Hall Of Champions.
44. Climb to the top of the Soldiers and Sailors Monument on the downtown Circle.
45. Road trip to Bloomington and try one of these Yelp Indy-recommended spots for kid-friendly fun.
46. Discover the Rhythm Discovery Center.
47. Check out the Indiana State Police Museum, a secret east side favorite.
48. Visit one of the beautiful parks in downtown Indy.
49. Explore a new-to-you town: Franklin.
50. Explore a new-to-you town: Noblesville.
51. Explore a new-to-you town: Zionsville.
52. Float in one of Indiana’s natural lazy rivers.
54. Head downtown to the Canal Walk and get your play on at Colts Canal PlaySpace.
55. Channel your inner race car driver at the Dallara IndyCar Factory.
56. Enjoy the outdoor patio at Urban Chalkboard while the kids play supervised inside.
57. Plan a day of swimming or splashing fun at one of these great destinations.
58. Take the family for an Indy Eleven game.
59. Take a road trip to Hunter’s Honey Farm, just outside of Martinsville.
60. Stroll the 92-county walk along the perimeter of the Indiana State Museum to see 3-D works of art that highlight each county in the state.
61. Go fishing with the family.
62. Grab a chair or blanket, pack a picnic and take advantage of a free Summer Concert Series.
63. Get the kids into the kitchen with one of these great cooking classes just for kids!
64. Channel your inner Tigger and bounce the day away.
65. Spend some time giving back and volunteer as a family.
66. Sign up for a summer reading program at your local Indianapolis Public Library branch.
67. Plan an evening out for the whole family in the heart of the city! Here are some great family-friendly dining options in downtown Indianapolis.
69. Rent a bike or surrey and pedal around White River State Park with Wheel Fun Rentals.
71. Enjoy a day on the water at Geist, Morse, or Eagle Creek Reservoir.
72. Shoot a bow and arrow at Strawtown Koteewi Park.
73. Join the Franklin Skate Club’s Kids Skate Free program.
74. Attend some of the many summer festivals happening around Indy all summer.
75. Visit a Carmel hidden gem…Cool Creek Park.
77. Pack a picnic and head to the park to fly a kite.
78. Head to one of these family-friendly breweries.
79. Enjoy $5 per person admission to The Children’s Museum on the first Thursday of the month.
80. Tackle Strawtown Koteewi Park on horseback with K-Trails Equestrian Adventures.
81. Roar and Explore at the COSI Museum in Columbus.
82. Go creek stomping at Marott Park, or one of these other top 5 spots for creek stomping.
Only in June…
83. Head downtown for Strawberry Festival on the Circle …June 14
84. Grab your capes and head to the opening of DC Super Heroes: Discover your Superpowers… June 16
85. Enjoy the views and the food at the Hendricks County Rib Fest + Avon Balloon Glow …June 30
86. Compete in the Bubble Run and have fun while staying fit …June 16
87. Browse the wares at the Eiteljorg’s Indian Market & Festival…June 23-24
88. Celebrate Father’s Day at Conner Prairie…June 16-17
89. Watch 2000 rubber ducks race to the finish line at the Canal Duck Race in Broad Ripple…June 24
Only in July…
90. Rock the 4th of July in Westfield, Westfield Rocks the 4th…July 4
91. Celebrate our nation’s birthday at one of these fireworks displays
92. Get down and dirty during Mud Day at Chytheanne Park in Fishers…July 13
93. Or enjoy FREE family fun at the Indy Criterium Bicycle Festival…July 13
94. Experience the flavor at the Taste of Indy…July 6
95. Explore a wide variety of 4-H events and shows at the annual Hamilton County 4-H Fair…July 18-22
96. See the Into the Woods in person during Summer Stock Stage… July 25-28
Only in August…
97. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, circus lovers from around the world head to the Indiana State Fair…August 2-18
98. Get a taste of Latin America at Amigos de Westfield…August 24
99. Enjoy authentic Greek food, live music and dancing at GreekFest in Carmel…August 23-25
100. Head to the Fest of Lanterns at Spades Park… Aug 24
Share the fun your family is having with the 100 Things To Do This Summer by posting your photos to social media! Just use the hashtag #IndysChild and tag @indyschild on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram: We may repost it for our followers too!