Join Indianapolis Cultural Trail for a truly unique opportunity to float and flow in one of Indianapolis’ most iconic places! Whether you are new to yoga or paddle boarding, this is a great way to explore mindful movement with exclusive access to the Downtown Indianapolis Canal. Each week, 10 lucky registrants per class will be randomly selected for a FREE 90-minute paddle board yoga session on a Sunday afternoon. All paddle board equipment and instruction is provided by Pure Soul Paddle Board Yoga.
Classes are free and available: May 28th through September 3rd on Sundays, 4pm & 6pm.
Spaces are limited and expected to fill up fast, so registration is required to be selected for participation on a paddle board. Registration will open the Sunday before class and all registrants will receive email notification with more detailed information the Friday prior to class. Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to create your calm! Register today to be eligible for the drawing for the upcoming class. Each session is accessible to any skill level. Participants must be at least 12 years old, and minors must be accompanied by an adult.
More comfortable on land? Participate in the free, hour-long yoga class at 4:30 PM at the serene landscape of the Admiral Spruance Basin on the canal’s north end or simply watch and cheer on the brave, balanced yogis! Those interested in joining on land do not need to pre-register.
- Can I bring my child?
- Yes, children 12 and older can join the paddle board yoga session. All ages are welcome on land!
- Can I register for more than one ticket?
- Yes, you can add one additional name to your registration entry.
- Can I register for more than one class?
- Yes, each week a new event will be open for registration. If you have been a previous drawing winner or a no show to a class your registration will not be accepted.
- What if I’m not selected?
- If you are not selected in the drawing, you will be notified via email and receive a discount code for another Pure Soul location. You are also welcome to register for the next drawing you can attend. Please only register if you can attend that session. Session passes are not transferable.
- What should I wear or bring?
- Athletic apparel such as yoga clothes or swimwear are recommended. We advise not to wear cotton, if you do get wet cotton clothing gets heavy and cold. Items such as sunscreen, reusable water bottle with lid, hats, or sunglasses. Most eyewear does NOT float, please keep this in mind if wearing prescription sunglasses.
- Where can I park?
- Parking is FREE on Sunday and available on 11th Street, there is also additional parking in the Fairbanks parking lot located off 11th Street.
- What happens if I can’t make the class after signing up?
- All registrants will receive a confirmation email. You will have the option to cancel your spot in the class. We respectfully ask that you notify us as soon as possible so another name can be drawn and notified. If you do not show to your session without notice, your future registrations will not be entered into the drawing.
- What if the weather is bad?
- All participants selected will receive an email notice Saturday evening if there is a chance for inclement weather during your session. We are always watching the weather closely, a final decision to host the session will be made 2 hours prior to our session start time. Participates will have the option to transfer their session to the following Sunday if a class is cancelled due to weather.
- What is considered inclement weather?
- Weather conditions that would cause a session to be canceled are as follows: Lighting, heavy rain, wind speeds over 13mph, or outside temperature below 50 degrees. For your safety we must rely on the forecast available two hours before the session is set to start.