Indy Parks’ newest playground opens on Tuesday, November 10 with a community celebration and ribbon ceremony. Sandorf Park, which is located on the city’s near southside, has undergone an impressive makeover resulting in a vibrant and engaging playspace for children and their families. The park is also adjacent to SUPER School at Frederick Douglass IPS School 19, and school children will join Mayor Joe Hogsett, community stakeholders, and school staff to get close look at the remodeled space for the first time.
The newly redesigned Sandorf Park will feature swings, a unity spinner, musical sensory plaza, 20-foot fully accessible play structure, and countless opportunities for children to play, stay active, and explore. The space will also offer:
- Color coated Junior NBA Basketball Court with new goals, and a Triple Threat Pump Track for skateboarding and riding bikes
- Youth Fitness Challenge Course with exercise equipment
- The state’s first Multi Use Game Area (MUGA) court, an innovative feature allowing for basketball, futsal, volleyball, pickleball, and more, all in one place;
- Multi-purpose greenspace, which is currently the open field, with a full-size soccer field that can be restriped for different sizes
- Mounds with synthetic turf to encourage free play
- Playground zone with eight walkways and a synthetic turf and rubberized safety surface
More info: Sandorf Park is located at 2020 Dawson Street, Indianapolis, IN 46203.For more details about Indy Parks and its services, visit parks.indy.gov.