WHAT: Celebrate the kickoff of the 2016 Olympic Games with the Art Olympics Family Day this Saturday at the Indianapolis Museum of Art. The day-long event reimagines the spectacle of the Olympic Games with artistic and athletic challenges for the entire family. Join the Indianapolis Indians for batting practice, show off your tumbling skills with Indy Stars Gymnastics, compete in painterly fencing, and take a poetry workshop with Indy Pulse.
- 11a.m. – 1 p.m. Batting Practice with the Indianapolis Indians
- 11a.m. – 3 p.m. Tumbling with Indy Stars Gymnastics
- 11a.m. – 3 p.m. Lego Architecture with IndyLUG (Indiana Adult Fans of Lego)
- 11a.m. – 3 p.m. Painterly Fencing
- 11a.m. – 3 p.m. Olympic Photo Booth
- Noon – 12:45 p.m. Yoga with Art (for ages 2–4)
- 12:30 – 1 p.m. Poetry Workshop with Indy Pulse
- 1 – 1:45 p.m. Yoga with Art (for ages 4–9)
- 1:30 – 2 pm. Poetry Workshop with Indy Pulse
- 2:30 – 3 p.m. Poetry Workshop with Indy Pulse
WHEN: Saturday, Aug. 6 / 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Indianapolis Museum of Art
Garden Terrace Lawn (in the IMA Gardens)
4000 Michigan Road, Indianapolis, IN 46208
COST: Included with general admission and free for IMA members