Family Day is back at Newfields! Join the community for this free event at The Virginia B. Fairbanks Art & Nature Park, located on the grounds of Newfields. Everyone is invited, especially nature enthusiasts, to enjoy a mile long hike around the lake, with stops along the way to learn about Newfields’ landscape and wildlife from horticulturists, partners and artists.
Family Day Activities
During the event, participants can:
- Build Bee Hotels with Evan Williamson, Newfields’ resident beekeeper
- Enjoy treats from food trucks Thin Glizzy and Kona Ice
- Explore the Boone County Arboretum’s Arboretum on Wheels
- Enjoy family activities hosted by Wagon of Wonders by Big Car
- Learn about the Pollinator Meadow with Purdue Extension and Marion County 4H
Some activities may be canceled and or moved inside due to weather. Check Newfields’ website and social media accounts for a rain call on Friday, July 16 at 5 p.m.
Please note: Parking is limited at the Art & Nature Park. Additional parking is available on the upper campus. Shuttle service will be available to the Art & Nature Park from 10:30 am – 5:00 pm. Pick up for the shuttle service is at the entrance doors of the museum.
Family Day Details
Saturday, July 17 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Free! The Virginia B. Fairbanks Art & Nature Park is free to the public; no tickets required.
4000 Michigan Road
Indianapolis, IN 46208