Whether you’re looking to make fun, homemade Valentine’s Day treats for your child’s classroom, or just a festive snack that brings the family together, Weelicious has some creative recipes to try this holiday. Here are three easy and kid-friendly recipes to try this Valentine’s Day!
Puff Pastry Berry Hearts
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Makes: about 18 hearts (depending on the size of the cookie cutter)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 package frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- ½ cup fresh raspberries (or mixed berries)
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Unfold the puff pastry and cut into hearts using heart-shaped cookie cutters.
- Place the puff pastry hearts on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, or with an electric mixer whip the cream on medium- high speed for 2-3 minutes. Add the powdered sugar and beat on high for 30 more seconds or until thick and fluffy.
- Remove hearts from the oven and allow to cool completely. Slice hearts in half. Top the bottom half with whipped cream and berries, and place the other half on top to form a sandwich.
Valentine’s Day Snack Board
This Valentine’s Day Snack Board is filled with red, pink and white treats that are all natural and dye-free! It’s perfect for a Valentine’s Day party.
Ideas for foods to add:
Strawberry Rice Crispy Treats
Wholesome Sweets Gummies
Trader Joe’s Freeze Dried Strawberries + Raspberries
Trader Joe’s Red Licorice
Trader Joe’s Peppermint Balls
Trader Joe’s Chocolate Sunflower Seed Drops
Trader Joe’s Gummy Xs and Os
Trader Joe’s Mini Heart Cookies
Yum Earth Lollipops
Valley Lahvosh Cracker Hearts
Heart Rice Crispy Treats
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Makes: about 14 (2 inch) hearts
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (or any nut or seed butter)
- 4 cups organic crispy brown rice cereal
- 1 cup freeze dried raspberries or strawberries (can be found at Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods or most any health food store)
How to make:
- In a large bowl, combine the rice crisps and the freeze dried fruit.
- In a large sauce pan, heat brown rice syrup and peanut butter over low heat and whisk until melted and combined, about 2 minutes.
- Remove sauce pan from heat and pour over rice crisps in a large bowl.
- Stir with a plastic spatula until completely combined.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 8 inch pan and press down to flatten the top (sometimes I put a zipper bag on my hand like a glove, to press into the pan and flatten the treats)
- Cool for 5 minutes and then use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut into hearts.