Newfields Summer Nights: Cruella
The beloved summer tradition, The National Bank of Indianapolis Summer Nights Film Series returns to Newfields on Fridays and select Saturdays this June, July, and August. Bring your friends and family
The beloved summer tradition, The National Bank of Indianapolis Summer Nights Film Series returns to Newfields on Fridays and select Saturdays this June, July, and August. Bring your friends and family and watch movies under the stars at Newfields. All you need is a chair or a blanket; concessions and beverages will be available for purchase. You are welcome to pack your own picnic (with non-alcoholic beverages only) if you’d like. For those who like to be prepared, sunscreen and bug spray are always a good idea.
Set during the cultural revolution of the mid-late 1907s, Cruella explores the worldview of a villain. While glam-punk rock blurred the lines of gender expression and power dynamics, the young Estella (Emma Stone) and her chosen family of grifters Jasper (Joel Fry) and Horace (Paul Walter Hauser) also blurred the lines between good and bad. The supporting cast, boasting Emma Thompson as the Baroness and Mark Strong as her trusty right hand man, John, lends an anchor to this light meditation on the schism that occurs when women try to make their own way in the world.
Directed by Craig Gillespie, 2021, 134 minutes, PG-13.
Content Warning: This film contains potentially triggering content.
Tags: portrayals of mental illnesses, profanity, bullying, theft, physical violence, attempted murder and murder, arson, alcohol and drug use, animal attack, implied animal abuse.
Contains sequences with flashing lights that may affect those who are susceptible to photosensitive epilepsy or have other photo sensitivities.
2022 Summer Nights at Newfields Film Series Lineup
- Friday, June 3 | The Philadelphia Story
- Friday, June 10 | Call Me by Name
- Friday, June 17 | Brewster’s Millions
- Friday, June 24 | Friday the 13th Part III
- Friday, July 8 | To Sir, With Love
- Friday, July 15 | Ever After: A Cinderella Story 13)
- Friday, July 22 | Indy Shorts International Film Festival
- Saturday, July 23 | Indy Shorts International Film Festival
- Friday, July 29 | Cruella
- Friday, August 5 | Gaslight
- Saturday, August 6 | Encanto
- Friday, August 12 | Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
- Friday, August 19 | Chungking Express
- Saturday, August 20 | Guardians of the Galaxy
- Friday, August 26 | Chocolat
(Friday) 7:00 pm - 11:50 pm
4000 N Michigan Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46208