For the past 23 years, Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol at the Indiana Repertory Theatre has been an Indy favorite and an annual tradition for families through the generations. As the weather turns cold, warm up with this classic tale of kindness, love and empathy with Scrooge, Tiny Tim, and the spirits of the past, present and future. Step into the historic Theatre where snow falls from the ceiling and sweet treats fill special seats. Return this year to relive the magic of this holiday story or to start a brand new tradition with your loved ones.
On the OneAmerica Mainstage at the IRT November 16 – December 26, here are 5 reasons to gather your family for this holiday treasure.
- A Christmas Carol is a special production every season for the IRT. Featuring many local actors, including two different casts of youth actors, you may see a neighbor, classmate, or other familiar face on stage. Pair that with carols, a classic story, and almost 1,000 pounds of snow, and you’ll have no problem getting into the holiday spirit!
- Tickets start at $25, and with additional opportunities for special deals like the Hoosier Holiday Pack, Scrooge Gives Back, and the Access Pass, A Christmas Carol has affordable ticket options throughout the six-week run. Want to sweeten your time at the Theatre? See the show from the Sweet Seats, rows A-F in the center section, complete with a special treat from The Best Chocolate in Town!
- The holiday experience at the IRT goes beyond the magic you see on stage—before or after almost every performance, there are Holiday Hoopla festivities! Get your family photos taken by a professional photographer, pet a reindeer, shop at the IRT Artisan Market, meet the cast for autographs after the show, and more! Click here for a full list of Holiday Hoopla special events.
- The IRT strives to be accessible for all and offers a variety of sensory supports and special performances, including American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreted and Audio Described (AD), and Sensory Friendly performances, which are designed to be helpful for those with autism or other sensory sensitivities. The Sensory Friendly performance for A Christmas Carol will be on December 26.
- For the first time in close to 20 years, A Christmas Carol will have all-new costumes, with a special focus on the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future! Designed by Linda Pisano and built by our Costume Shop artisans, the design will stay true to the Victorian time period of the Dickens’ classic, while bringing a fresh look to this IRT tradition.
Come celebrate the joy of the season and the spirit of giving! You can purchase tickets online or by calling the IRT Ticket Office at 317.635.5252.
Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol
adapted by Tom Haas
directed by Benjamin Hanna
November 16 – December 26 | OneAmerica Mainstage
Tickets start at $25 | Ages 8 and up
Brought to you by the Indiana Repertory Theatre.
ABOUT THE IRT
Founded in 1971, the Indiana Repertory Theatre (IRT) is the largest professional not-for-profit theatre in the state and one of the leading regional theatres in the country. The mission of the Indiana Repertory Theatre is to produce top-quality, professional theatre and related activities, providing experiences that will engage, surprise, challenge, and entertain people throughout their lifetimes, helping us build a vital and vibrant community.