My daughter’s attempt at learning cartwheels…
1. Evaluate current athletic ability.
2. Watch You Tube videos demonstrating cartwheels.
3. Try what was seen in video, hurt wrist, cry, get ice pack
4. Fully recover from injury in four minutes
5. Watch dad do an unsuccessful cartwheel demonstration (picture a large awkward animal tumbling out of a moving car)
6. Using painter’s tape, tape a straight line on the floor
7. Change into appropriate gymnastics leotard
8. Dip hands in water so you can tell where your hands are hitting the blue tape
9. Forget the water trick. Thanks for nothing You Tube.
10. Sign up for gymnastics class.
Best of luck!