Celebrate the music, crafts and colors of Latin American culture when The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis hosts Fiesta de la Familia on Sunday, September 25, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Admission is FREE as the museum honors National Hispanic Heritage month.
Fiesta de la Familia Activities
During Fiesta de la Familia, visitors can listen to live music in the Sunburst Atrium, enjoy free activities showcasing folk art from different Latin American countries, and learn from local organizations. Some of the activities include:
- Mexican Paper Flower Fiesta
Celebrate by folding your own traditional paper flower.
- Guatemalan Worry Dolls
Create your own worry doll. According to folklore, it will remove worries when placed under a pillow.
- And much more!
Free Flu Shots at The Children’s Museum
The Children’s Museum is proud to partner with Riley Children’s Health to provide free COVID-19 vaccinations, boosters, and flu shots to the public on from 11 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Flu vaccines will be available for anyone ages 6 months and up.
- COVID-19 Pfizer vaccinations will be available for all ages 6 months and up for any authorized primary or booster series. If getting primary series, additional injections may be needed from pediatrician, PCP or local pharmacy. Please bring your vaccination card if you are receiving a booster.
- Adults will be required to sign vaccine consent forms for anyone under 18 years of age. Everyone is encouraged to consult with their personal physician before receiving vaccinations.
Both vaccines available while supplies last.
- Those who receive COVID-19 vaccinations will be required to wait 15 minutes afterward in the unlikely event there is a reaction.
Reserve your free tickets to The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis’ Fiesta de la Familia here.
About The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is a nonprofit institution committed to creating extraordinary learning experiences across the arts, sciences, and humanities that have the power to transform the lives of children and families. For more information about The Children’s Museum, visit www.childrensmuseum.org, follow us on Twitter @TCMIndy, Instagram @childrensmuseum, YouTube.com/IndyTCM, and Facebook.