The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis will be opening the museum with FREE admission for all on Fiesta Familia! The festivities will honor children and celebrate Latino culture. A celebration of Latino cultures will include crafts, music, and dance. The Mexican Consulate will be onsite with bilingual community resources.
Date: September 23, 2018
Time: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Families and children will enjoy special music, art and culture including:
- Zelaya Mariachi Band – Enjoy being serenaded by an authentic mariachi band
- Musical Tour of Latin America – A variety of musical styles teach children and their grownups the differences between salsa, merengue, cumbia, and cha cha cha. Sing, dance, and play instruments with the band.
- Paula Monsalve Quintet (need explanation from Family Programs)
- Bilingual Storytelling – Participate in classic stories told in both English and Spanish.
- Paper Flower Fiesta – Celebrate by folding your own traditional paper flower.
- Ballet Folklorico Mosaicos – Enjoy exciting and energetic traditional Mexican dance.
- Mexican Metal Art – Learn about the Mexican folk art of repujado, and create your own unique piece of metal art.
- Consulate of Mexico – local resource information will be provided for Spanish-speaking visitors including free storybooks and resource books written in Spanish (while supplies last).