Celebrate the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment, guaranteeing and protecting women’s constitutional right to vote, with free admission to The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis on Presidents Day, February 17, 10:00am – 5:00pm.
Learn about your voting rights and women’s suffrage while meeting First Lady Mary Todd Lincoln and Indiana Suffragist, Martha Carpenter (actors). Have your voice heard when you take it to the polls, see how change can happen when people that care about something come together with important actions and conversations.
Other Presidents Day activities include:
- Presidential Pastime. Enjoy a classic presidential pastime with a tech upgrade. Can you make a hole in one?
- American Flag Handprint. Join us for a patriotic craft and make your own American Flag!
- Votes for Women! “Votes for Women” was one of the most popular and recognizable slogans used by members of the woman’s suffrage movement. Create your own sash to support the cause!
- Can you Vote? Learn about voting rights and discover what year you gained the right to vote!
- Take it to the Polls. Learn what people were voting for in 1920 and complete your ballot at our voting station.
- Register to Vote. Stop by and register if you are 18 or older with a valid Indiana driver’s license to vote with the Marion County Board of Voters Registration office.
While you explore The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis this President’s Day, stop by Riley Children’s Health Sports Legend Experience to take a picture with the Big 10 Championship Game trophy!
The museum will also be accepting donations of diapers and baby wipes for Coburn Place, a local nonprofit that offers transitional housing to victims of domestic violence. Donation boxes will be located in the Welcome Center!
About The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is a nonprofit institution committed to creating extraordinary learning experiences across the arts, sciences, and humanities that have the power to transform the lives of children and families. For more information about The Children’s Museum, visit www.childrensmuseum.org, follow us on Twitter (@TCMIndy), Instagram (@childrensmuseum), YouTube.com/IndyTCM, and Facebook.
About The Riley Children’s Health Sports Legends Experience
The Riley Children’s Health Sports Legends Experience is an immersive learning experience that allows children and families to participate in health and fitness activities through sports as they are inspired by some of the greatest athletes of all time. The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis partnered with experts from Riley Children’s at Indiana University Health, which operates the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana, to bring this experience to life. For more information about Riley Children’s Sports Legends Experience, visit www.childrensmuseum.org/sports-experience. For more information about Riley Children’s Health or The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, visit www.rileychildrens.org and www.childrensmuseum.org respectively.