Celebre El Día de los Niños con Entrada Gratis! (Free Admission) Take Home a Free Bicycle Helmet for Every Child in Attendance!
The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis celebrates a special day in Hispanic culture— El Día de los Niños (The Day of the Children) with FREE ADMISSION for everyone on Sunday, April 30, 2017.
El Día de los Niños originated in Mexico in 1925. It recognizes children, pays tribute to their importance in society and endorses their well-being. It is now observed in many places around the world. Families and children who visit the museum will enjoy special music, art and culture including:
- Zelaya Mariachi Band – Enjoy being serenaded by an authentic mariachi band.
- Make Musical Maracas – Come to the InfoZone to make maracas and receive a free book. (1-3 pm)
- Bilingual Storytelling – Participate in classic stories told in both English and Spanish.
- Paper Flower Fiesta – Celebrate by folding your own traditional paper flower.
- Ballet Folklorico Mosaicos – Enjoy exciting and energetic traditional Mexican dance.
- Mexican Metal Art – Learn about the Mexican folk art of repujado, and create your own unique piece of metal art.
- Consulate of Mexico – local resource information will be provided for Spanish-speaking visitors including free story books and resource books written in Spanish (while supplies last).
- Paula Monsalve Quintet – Enjoy Traditional Latin Folk and Latin Pop music from a singer songwriter who hails from Linares, Chile.
Free Bicycly Helmet Distribution from 2-5 pm
Beautiful weather means time for outside play. Unfortunately, it also means bicycle accidents. The Centers for Disease Control reports 494,000 emergency department visits a
year in the United States due to bicycle-related injuries. For the safety and protection of young bicyclists, more than 3,000 child size and larger bike helmets will be given away between 2-5 pm. The helmet giveaway is in
partnership with IU Health Emergency Medicine and Trauma Department and the Central Indiana Bicycle Association. Children will be invited to decorate their helmets. Volunteers will do helmet sizing and demonstrate the proper way to put on a helmet. Spanish-speaking volunteers will be available.
El Día de los Niños is presented by Central Indiana Honda Dealers.
About The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is a nonprofit institution committed to creating extraordinary learning experiences across the arts, sciences, and humanities that have the power to transform the lives of children and families. For more information about The Children’s Museum, visit www.childrensmuseum.org, follow us on Twitter @TCMIndy, Facebook.com/childrensmuseum andYouTube.com/IndyTCM