Christmas at the Zoo
Dating back to 1967, the Indianapolis Zoo was the first zoo in the nation to hold a holiday lights event. Year after year, Christmas at the Zoo continues to grow.
Dating back to 1967, the Indianapolis Zoo was the first zoo in the nation to hold a holiday lights event. Year after year, Christmas at the Zoo continues to grow. For our 53rd year, we’re adding beautiful new décor to enhance your holiday experience. And the best part is it’s all included with regular admission!
Hours: Sunday-Thursday 5-9 pm; Friday & Saturday: 5-10 pm (closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas day)
Under the Bicentennial Pavilion, you’ll discover Santa’s Village featuring:
- Extra Hours to Visit Santa: Meet the Jolly Old Elf under the Bicentennial Pavilion in Santa’s Study from 5-9pm Sundays through Thursdays, until 10pm on Fridays and Saturdays through Dec. 23. Visit with Santa even earlier in the day Dec. 12-23 only from 12:30-4pm. The Zoo is closed Christmas Eve and Day, New Year’s Eve and Day.
- Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen: Free visits with Mrs. Claus through Dec. 23 and a special treat decorating kit available for purchase.
- Santa’s Barn: See Santa’s sleigh and a few of his reindeer.
- Tunnel of Lights: Have your camera ready to remember the moment you step inside the tunnel and are surrounded in glowing lights! Look for the one-way entry through the tunnel this year.
- Penguin Encounter: Get up close to these winter-ready birds from 6-8pm (animal and weather dependent).
- Mistletoe Kisses Gazebo: A picturesque place to find one of 10 hidden mistletoe. Look for more mistletoe hidden throughout the Zoo and submit your answers to try to win an Animal Art Adventure.
- Holiday Card Photo Opportunity: Larger than life holiday card for a larger than life family photo moment!
Discover all that Christmas at the Zoo has to offer.
November 18 (Saturday) - December 30 (Saturday)