The Andersontown Powwow is two days of family fun, showcasing Native American culture through dance, music, storytelling, authentic crafts and shopping. Immerse yourself in the traditions of and culture of Native Tribes
The Andersontown Powwow is two days of family fun, showcasing Native American culture through dance, music, storytelling, authentic crafts and shopping. Immerse yourself in the traditions of and culture of Native Tribes with atlatl and tomahawk throws, pioneer games, and more! Feast on buffalo burgers, fry bread and Indian tacos and lavender lemonade!
Since 2004, The Andersontown Powwow has been celebrating Native American culture through a western-style powwow showcasing dance, art, music, storytelling, shopping, authentic crafts and interactive, cultural, and historical experiences and activities.
Andersontown Powwow Hours:
September 10: 10:30 AM- 11 PM
September 11: 10:30 AM- 4 PM
- Please be courteous about taking pictures. Ask before you snap. Listen to the MC; he will announce when pictures are not to be taken.
- Please respect the dance arena as a holy place.
- Do not allow your children to play in the arena.
- Benches are reserved for the dancers and special guests.
- Please stand, if you are able, and remove your hat or cap for honor songs such as the Grand Entry, the Flag Song, Veterans’ Songs and when the MC requests it. An exception is made for those with eagle feathers on their hats or caps.
- No violence, weapons, drugs or alcohol are allowed on the Powwow grounds.
- No pets, please.
- The dancers wear regalia while they are dancing, not costumes. Please do not touch the dancers’ regalia or feathers.
September 10 (Saturday) - 11 (Sunday)
Adults: $7; Kids 8 and under: Free
503-599 S Park Ave, Alexandria, IN 46001