One of the most beautiful spaces in the Indy Parks family is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, and we need your help to make it spectacular.
With 1,400 acres of water and 3,900 acres of forest, Eagle Creek Park is one of the largest city parks in the nation, offering unmatched opportunities for recreation and fitness, educational programs at two nature centers (Earth Discovery Center and the Ornithology Center), and engaging experiences such as concerts, day camps, and more for youth and adults.
Join us all year long as we celebrate 50 years of Eagle Creek Park! The park was officially dedicated on June 10, 1972, and park staff have planned a full year of activities, challenges, a park history, and events to bring park visitors together in honor of the milestone.
50th Anniversary Challenges
How do you enjoy Eagle Creek Park? Try one of our seven 2022 challenges! Complete any or all of the following challenges and come to the Park Office, Earth Discovery Center, or Ornithology Center with proof to earn a free commemorative sticker (one for each challenge).
- 50 Visits: visit Eagle Creek Park at least 50 times
- 50 Miles: hike, run, bike, paddle, or ride at least 50 miles in the park
- 50 Species: identify 50 different species of birds, plants, insects or any wildlife
- 50 Photos: take 50 photos in the park
- 50 _____: Create Your Own challenge!
- 50 Dollars: donate or raise $50 for the Eagle Creek Park Foundation
- 50 Hours: volunteer 50 hours at the park in 2022 and receive a special button or patch!
As we showcase our 50th anniversary, we are encouraging park visitors to use the hashtag #ECP50th (@eaglecreekpark_indy on Facebook & Instagram). And, visit eagle-creek-park-50th.creator-spring.com to grab 50th anniversary merchandise — hoodies, t-shirts, tank tops, and even a fanny pack!