The IMAX Theater in the Indiana State Museum will kick off a children’s summer movie series with two showings of family favorites per week.
The cost for both adults and children will be $5 per ticket and for these screenings, there will be a special snack combo available, also for $5. The schedule is subject to change, but currently is as follows:
Week of June 30th – “Despicable Me” and “The Secret Life of Pets”
Week of July 6th – “Despicable Me 2” and “We’re Back! A Dinosaur’s Story”
Week of July 13th – “Despicable Me 3” and “An American Tail”
Week of July 20th – “Minions” and “The Land Before Time”
Tickets and showtimes are available at imaxindy.com.
“Going to a movie theater is a really exciting and fun thing for a kid,” said Brian Hammes, Downtown IMAX Theater Manager. “For the last few months most movies have been viewed on an iPad or a living room TV; we can’t wait to welcome these kids in and see their eyes light up as they take in a movie on the biggest screen in the state.”
The reopening plan for the theater was released earlier this week. After undergoing a thorough cleaning to reopen, the theater will maintain cleanliness and safety by:
- Adding the extra time between shows to properly disinfect the auditorium including seats, doors, cupholders, handrails, and all other touchpoints.
- Reducing auditorium capacity to 30%. Reserved seating will still be available with an enforced two-seat gap between groups. Additionally, every other row is completely unavailable for purchase, leaving a vacant row in front of and behind each guest.
- Requiring staff to wear masks. Guests are asked to wear a mask when not seated in the auditorium.
- Streamlining the lobby process with only one cashier handling cash at the Box Office and new card readers for guests to swipe their own credit cards.
- Installing hand sanitizer stations throughout the lobby and auditorium.
Theater staff request that if guests are experiencing or have experienced in the last 14 days any symptoms of COVID-19 as outlined by the CDC, to refrain from purchasing a ticket and attending a screening. The IMAX Theater in the Indiana State Museum offers validated parking in the White River State Park parking garage.