The Annual National Train Show, the industry’s most respected model train show and trade exposition. Each year this illustrious event is held in a different city and state in North America. Indianapolis will host the 2016 extravaganza, which will showcase all aspects of model railroading including the industry’s newest and most unique products and services from manufacturers and retailers from the U.S. and around the world. The event will cover 180,000 sq. ft. of space, including 44,000 sq. ft. featuring extraordinary operating model train displays.
- All of the latest and greatest model trains, accessories, collectibles and more from the world’s best-known manufacturers and retailers geared for all model railroaders – from first timers to old timers.
- The Incredible Lego®MiniLand – It’ll stop you in your tracks! This 2,500 sq. ft. area is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, originally-designed display featuring operating model railroads, hundreds of train cars, various landscape settings and waterfalls, scale building, retractable bridges, and more…and all made entirely out of millions of Lego® pieces! Attendees are invited to “meet the modelers” and learn how to build their very own original display.
- Ask The Collectibles Appraiser – Have an old train set hidden away in the closet? Wondering what it’s worth? Bring it to the show and find out from The Collectibles Expert. Free to all attendees.
- Children’s Play Area – 1,500 sq. ft. of fun including trains, games and more for children of all age to enjoy during the show. The area is chaperoned at all times and is free of charge.
- Hands –On-Demonstrations – Learn how to get started on your own model railroad empire and find out the latest techniques from well-known exhibitors, and from pros at the Meet the Master Modeler booth.
Friday, July 8, 2016: Noon – 6 pm
Saturday, July 9, 2016: 10 am – 6 pm
Sunday, July 10, 2016: 10 am – 5 pm
Indiana Convention Center
100 S Capitol Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46225
Ticket Information – Great value for the whole family!
There are no advance ticket sales. Show tickets will be on sale ½ hour before the show opens each day at the Indiana Convention Center’s box office located in the Georgia Street lobby, on the Capitol Street side of the facility. The box office will close each day one hour before the show closes.
Pricing is as follows (subject to change):
- Children under age 6: Free
- Youth (ages 6-12): $7
- Teen (ages 13-17): $10
- Adult (ages 18-65): $14
- 2-day Adult (valid for one person only): $26
- Seniors (65+): $13
For more information and a list of exhibitors, visit nationaltrainshow.org.
About the National Train Show
The National Train Show® was established in 1988 by the National Model Railroad Association as a nationally sponsored combined industry trade show and public train show to promote the hobby of model railroading. The 2016 National Train Show is held in conjunction with the national convention of the NMRA July 8-10 in Indianapolis.
About the National Model Railroad Association
The National Model Railroad Association® (NMRA®) is a not -for-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of and education about the model railroading hobby. Founded in 1935, the organization is the largest of its kind in the world.