Happy Snow Day! If school is canceled and you’re looking for something fun to do at home, check out our list filled with things to do on a snow day!
20 Things to do on a Snow Day:
- Make snow ice cream. Recipe here.
- Paint the snow with DIY snow paint. Instructions here.
- Make giant frozen ballon marbles. Instructions here.
- Make an obstacle course around the living room. Idea here.
- Conduct a science experiment. Here are 31 easy science experiments using common household items.
- Write a secret message using invisible ink, aka lemon juice. Instructions here.
- Tape a length of string across the room as a net and play balloon volleyball inside.
- Have a tea party.
RELATED ARTICLE: Top 10 Spots for Sledding in Indianapolis
- Skype with out of town family.
- Pretend its spring and have a picnic in the living room.
- Build a giant fort out of blankets, chairs, and pillows.
- Have an extra amazon box laying around? Here are 32 fun, creative, and educational things to do with a cardboard box.
- Make a painter’s tape maze and then have the kids dribble or kick a ball through it.
- Set up laundry basket skee ball. Instructions here.
- Do a science experiment in the kitchen. Here is a link for 13 Kitchen Science Projects.
- Practice Origami. Click here for 15 different ideas.
- Make homemade rock candy. Recipe here.
RELATED ARTICLE: 70 Things to Do with Kids Now That We’re All Stuck at Home
- Hand the kitchen over to the kids and play restaurant.
- Play bingo. If you don’t have a bingo set you can download printable bingo here.
- Teach your kids YOUR favorite card game.
- Set up DIY laser tag. Instructions here.