Time off from school doesn’t mean learning and creativity has to stop.
If you are looking for some ways to keep the spark of learning alive at home, these fun, easy science experiments and STEM activities are just the thing. Best of all, these projects use items that you probably have around the house.
Things to Build & Create
- Make your own lava lamp.
- Make homemade paper.
- Use some of that toilet paper you’re hoarding and make a mummy.
- Make a mesmerizing wave machine.
- Create mud bricks.
- Make your own stethoscope.
- Make homemade butter (and get a workout) by shaking cream in a jar.
- Try to get an egg into a bottle.
- Learn about osmosis and grow gummy bears.
- Watch pepper scatter and learn about surface tension.
- Make geodes that you can eat.
- Learn about the phases of the moon with Oreos.
- Fool your senses with this taste test.
- Build a solar oven and make sun s’mores.
- Make edible sugar candy glass.
- Experiment with curds and whey to make ricotta cheese.
Science That Flies
- Make a paper toothpick glider that flies far.
- Make a paper bag kite for those windy days.
- Make a hovercraft with a balloon and an old CD.
- Make a parachute for a toy soldier.
- Make a straw glider.
- Build a paper airplane launcher.
- Create a soothing-sounding rain stick.
- Make music with bottles.
- Jam with a cardboard guitar.
- Make music with a couple of glasses of water.
- Make a straw oboe.
- Make fluffy dish soap slime.
- Explore non-Newtonian fluids by making oobleck.
- Create edible fake snot slime.
- Make super easy three-ingredient slime.
- Advertisement -
[…] a science experiment. Here are 31 easy science experiments using common household […]
[…] Science experiment time! […]