Down Syndrome Indiana is excited for the 19th Annual Buddy Walk® on Saturday, October 8th at Celebration Plaza in downtown Indianapolis. This family-friendly event is open to all children and adults with Down syndrome, their families, friends and thousands of local supporters. Last year, the Buddy Walk® attracted nearly 4,000 participants and we expect even more this year!
Nationally, Buddy Walk® is the most widely recognized public awareness program for the Down syndrome community. Locally, it is the largest fundraising event for Down Syndrome Indiana.
Teams are the heart of Buddy Walk®! As a direct result of event sponsorships, team fundraising, and generous public donations, Down Syndrome Indiana is able to continue providing New Parent Packets, educational resources, informational programs, parent support networks, and social events for individuals with Down syndrome and their families. To learn more about how Down Syndrome Indiana is funded and the importance of Buddy Walk® click here.
Buddy Walk® has three primary goals:
- To promote acceptance & inclusion of people with Down syndrome
- To raise funds locally and nationally for education, research and advocacy programs
- To enhance the position of the Down syndrome community, enabling us to positively influence local and national policy and practice
How to Get Involved
- Register as a team or walk as an individual
- Support a team or make a general event donation
- Volunteer on the planning committee(s) or day-of walk
- Spread the Word
- Display save the date cards or a poster at your desk or cube at work, in a local coffee shop, in your own business, through your social media outlets, etc.
Join Down Syndrome Indiana in celebrating the many abilities and accomplishments of people with Down syndrome.
Register your team or as an individual here .