WHO: The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis in partnership with the Children’s Museum of Houston and Houston Independent School District
WHAT: Collection of school supplies and student uniforms for the Houston Independent School District severely impacted by Hurricane Harvey
WHERE: The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, 3000 N. Meridian Street
WHEN: Inside: Saturday, September 2-10, 2017, donation boxes in our Welcome Center (no ticket required)
Outside: Tuesday, September 5, and Wednesday, September 6 2017, 7:00 – 9:00 a.m. in the visitor drop-off lane on Illinois Street, in front of The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis.
DETAILS: Severe flooding in Houston, Texas as a result of Hurricane Harvey has devastated families and schools. The Children’s Museum of Houston in partnership with the Houston Independent School District has begun collecting back-to-school supplies and school uniforms for families staying in shelters.
The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is assisting our fellow children’s museum by collecting school uniforms and school supplies to send to the Children’s Museum of Houston. We will be collecting items inside our museum from Saturday, September 2- Sunday, September 10, 2017. We will collect items outside in front of our museum on Tuesday, September 5, and Wednesday, September 6, 2017, 7:00 – 9:00 a.m. We will have staff in our visitor drop-off lane to accept donations from drivers.
Here is what the Children’s Museum of Houston is requesting:
- Uniform items for grades pre-k–5: light blue, white, and navy collared shirts and khaki and navy pants or skirts.
- Wide-ruled 70 page spiral notebooks, 1” Binders
- 3-prong colored folders with pockets
- Regular-sized backpacks
- No. 2 Pencils, Crayola Crayons, Highlighters
- Pink erasers, Scissors, Elmer’s Glue or Glue sticks
- Hand sanitizer
* The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis will not be accepting cash donations. Please consider a cash donation to the Houston Independent School District. The HISD Foundation is also accepting donations to help families recover, and 100% of funds raised will go directly to helping HISD students and families. Click here to make a donation, and please specify “Harvey” as the purpose of your donation.
About The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is a nonprofit institution committed to creating extraordinary learning experiences across the arts, sciences, and humanities that have the power to transform the lives of children and families. For more information about The Children’s Museum, visit www.childrensmuseum.org, follow us on Twitter @TCMIndy, Instagram@childrensmuseum, YouTube.com/IndyTCM, and Facebook.