Indiana Audubon's 125th Anniversary Celebration at Eagle Creek Park
202323sep8:00 am12:00 pmIndiana Audubon's 125th Anniversary Celebration at Eagle Creek Park8:00 am - 12:00 pm Eagle Creek Park, 7840 W 56th St, Indianapolis, IN 46278CategoryFree,Hike/Walk,Outdoors,Park EventFilterFree
Clear your calendar for Saturday, Sept. 23, because Indiana Audubon is throwing a feathery celebration you won’t want to miss at Eagle Creek Park in Indianapolis. It’s a celebration of our
Clear your calendar for Saturday, Sept. 23, because Indiana Audubon is throwing a feathery celebration you won’t want to miss at Eagle Creek Park in Indianapolis.
It’s a celebration of our 125th anniversary, nested in the heart of over 1,400 acres of glistening waters and 3,900 acres of lush woodland habitats. This is the place where our feathered friends love to hang out, and we’re inviting you to join the flock. So, bring your binoculars and prepare to be awed at the spectacle of fall migration in full swing.
From 8 a.m. to noon, whether you’re an Indiana Audubon member or a fledgling bird lover, you can choose from a variety of fall migration-themed activities:
– Guided bird walks at various locations within the park.
– A Humane Indiana Wildlife program with live birds of prey.
– Songbird banding demonstrations at Shelter A with Dr. Lina Rifai, IU Kokomo associate professor of vertebrate biology and ornithology expert.
– Hands-on activities, including a scavenger hunt and owl pellet dissection.
The following are the guided bird walks, and participants will check in with their guide directly at the spot for each walk:
– Birding the Coffer Dam, 8-10 a.m. | Meet at the 71st St. parking lot
– Warblers at the Marina, 8-10 a.m. | Meet at the marina parking lot
– Intro to Birding, 9-10 a.m. | Meet at Shelter A
– Birding the Skating Pond, 9-10 a.m. | Meet at the skating pond parking lot
– Easy Birding at the Earth Discovery Center, 9:30-10:30 a.m. | Meet in front of the EDC building
– Intro to Birding, 10-11 a.m. | Meet at Shelter A
– Easy Birding at the Earth Discovery Center, 10:30-11:30 a.m. | Meet in front of the EDC building
This event is entirely FREE. Please RSVP for the timeframe in which you intend to attend. The park’s admission fee is not covered in the registration fee.
(Saturday) 8:00 am - 12:00 pm