Emotions at Play with Pixar’s Inside Out
202403feb(feb 3)2:00 pm19may(may 19)2:00 pmEmotions at Play with Pixar’s Inside Out2:00 pm - (May 19) 2:00 pm The Children's Museum of Indianapolis, 3000 North Meridian St., Indianapolis, IN 46208CategoryMuseum/Zoo Event
Look in the mirror and what do you see? Help kids discover their emotions at Emotions at Play, the newest exhibit at The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. Based on the
Look in the mirror and what do you see? Help kids discover their emotions at Emotions at Play, the newest exhibit at The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. Based on the Disney and Pixar movie Inside Out, Emotions at Play encourages a new generation to explore the way they feel and learn ways to handle those feelings.
At Emotions at Play with Pixar’s Inside Out, attendees gain insights into the fundamental roles of emotions, memory, and imagination. This interactive exhibit showcases five primary emotions—Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust, and Fear—offering children a comprehensive understanding of emotion recognition and expression management.
The exhibit offers rich, hands-on, and digital experiences, each focusing on joy, sadness, anger, disgust, and fear. Attendees can learn how various emotions might impact individuals differently:
- The Control Panel offers an exploration into the range and intensity of emotions.
Emotion Mirrors illustrate how people reflect their feelings through facial expressions and body language.
- The Memory Sphere gives visitors an opportunity to recall significant memories and relate the emotions they evoke.
- Dream Productions allows children to exercise their imagination, creating and performing a story.
- Train of Thought challenges individuals to maintain control and balance amidst fluctuating emotions.
- The Emotion Blocks activity showcases how emotions can work in harmony as attendees stack and balance them.
Emotions at Play provides a welcoming and engaging environment for children to delve deeper into the world of emotions and their implications on our everyday lives.
February 3 (Saturday) 2:00 pm - May 19 (Sunday) 2:00 pm