An Indianapolis holiday season tradition continues with a reimagined version of the Tchaikovsky classic.
Join the Indianapolis Ballet at The Toby at Newfields to experience Nutcracker Sweets, a one-hour version of The Nutcracker!
While the holidays may not look the same this year, Indianapolis Ballet is thrilled to bring our audiences joy, laughter, and love through magical storytelling and dancing.
• Approximately 1 hour, no intermission
• Recommended for ages 4 and up
• Tickets: $35 & $25
• Themes: holiday, family, tradition
Mysterious Drosselmeyer has transformed the Nutcracker into the Snow King, who introduces the Snow Queen and her Snowflakes to Clara and guides them through the glittering night sky to the Land of the Sweets! When they arrive, they are greeted by the Dew Drop and are treated to a spectacular festival of colorful dances. Clara meets amazing characters performing Chinese Tea, Arabian Coffee, and Russian Trepak. Marzipan dancers play their mirliton flutes, Polichinelles invite Clara into their joyful circle, the Dew Drop returns with her retinue of Flowers, and the procession culminates in the elegant and exciting dances of the Sugar Plum Fairy with her Cavalier. With these fantastical sights and sounds swirling around her, Clara wonders if all these amazing events are truly happening, or if she is in the midst of an incredible dream!
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Indianapolis Ballet has been working extensively with our partners at Newfields to ensure that COVID-19 industry standards are met throughout the duration of your theatre experience:
• Reduced capacity seating (25%)
• Masks required at all times
• Social distancing required
• Temperature checks required
• Minimum contact entry and exit
• Hand sanitizing stations
• Theatre cleaning per CDC protocols
• Livestreaming option available
The Toby at Newfields
• Friday, December 11 – 3:00pm
• Saturday, December 12 – 12:00pm & 3:00pm
• Sunday, December 13 – 12:00pm & 3:00pm
• Friday, December 18 – 3:00pm
• Saturday, December 19 – 12:00pm & 3:00pm
• Sunday, December 20 – 12:00pm & 3:00pm