Indiana entertainers, singers, musicians, dancers and more are invited to submit a digital video audition for the Tom Wood Talent Search for a chance to be a part of the 59th annual Downtown Indy, Inc. Circle of Lights, presented by IBEW 481. This year, the holiday kickoff will be both an in-person celebration on Monument Circle, as well as a special made-for-TV event seen exclusively on WTHR Channel 13 on Friday, Nov. 26 at 7 p.m.
“As a locally owned and operated business, we are thrilled to present the Tom Wood Talent Search and continue the tradition of finding talented, local performers to launch the holiday season in central Indiana,” said Chad Kirchhoff, director of operations at Tom Wood Automotive Group.
Two-minute, holiday-themed video submissions will be accepted:
- Sept. 27 – Oct. 18 via www.wthr.com/CircleOfLights. It’s as easy as recording on your smart phone, filling out an online form and submitting online. (There will be NO live, on-site, open auditions.)
Performers should prepare a video using the following specifications:
- Judges are looking for talent, visual presentation and TV/stage presence.
- Video auditions should not exceed two minutes.
- A holiday theme is required (upbeat music preferred). Dress up in holiday style.
- Solo A cappella acts are rarely chosen to advance. Please use recorded musical tracks while performing.
- Solo, duets, families and group acts are especially welcome.
- No lip syncing.
Performers will be notified by the end of October via e-mail if chosen to be including in this year’s event. Chosen acts will notified by Downtown Indy, Inc. to arrange a time to record performances in mid-November. Recorded performances will occur at some of Downtown’s most cherished holiday settings, including the Christmas at the Zoo and the Indiana Historical Society’s Festival of Trees. Entertainers will be interviewed for the TV special, as well as invited to appear on the Tom Wood stage live and in-person at this year’s Circle of Lights. Any questions? E-mail [email protected]