The Villages of Indiana, a private non-profit agency, finds caring, loving and stable homes for Indiana’s foster children.
The Villages team is the state’s largest private child and family service agency touching the lives of more than 3,100 children and families each day. Annually, the team serves over 11,000 children through its programs and services.
The Villages team welcomes and appreciates community support to fulfill the mission.
“Our team champions every child’s right to a safe, permanent and nurturing home,” says Sharon Pierce, The Villages President and CEO. “We rely on help from Hoosiers to support the needs of Villages’ foster children, youth and families. Whether it’s donating needed items, such as diapers, clothes or gas cards, or becoming a foster parent, every person plays a vital role in the success of foster children in our state—the children who are our future.”
Five ways to become a champion for foster children
- Make a cash donation. The Villages of Indiana depends on donors to provide continued services to children and families throughout the state. Donate now.
- Donate via Amazon. The Villages website includes an Amazon Wish List link. Donors can point, click and donate items that are always needed among our foster parents—diapers, gas cards, games for kids, clothes and more. The donation is delivered directly to The Villages statewide office(s) and given directly to foster families.
- Become a foster parent. There are free statewide info sessions and The Villages website has the dates and details.
- Become a corporate partner. Contact us to find out how companies are supporting The Villages and making a difference in the lives of foster parents and children.
- Become a volunteer. Call your local Villages office to learn more.
The Villages of Indiana Formula One Day, Friday, May 10
Every year there are over 82,000 babies born in Indiana. Nearly 45% of these babies are born to mothers on Medicaid who often cannot afford an adequate supply of proper formula for their babies, and breastfeeding is not always an option. For example, many foster families who care for infants often rely on formula to nourish babies as they transition to the new foster home.
There are three ways the community can make formula and food donations to support families.
- Click here to donate by purchasing through The Villages Amazon Wish List. All donations will ship directly to The Villages Indianapolis office and be distributed across the state.
- Host a company, church or school donation drive and deliver to our office. Email Abbi Achterberg at The Villages for more information.
- Deliver donations directly to a Villages office statewide. See locations by clicking here.