There is nothing quite like a day out with Dad. Whether you are looking for high-speed action or a more leisurely pace, here are a few ideas for quality time together in and around Hamilton County.
- Put Dad in the driver’s seat at K1 Speed in Fishers. This is not your typical go-kart experience. Dad will delight in this world-class entertainment venue filled with authentic racing memorabilia, plasma screen TVs and leather couches. And forget those noxious fumes typically associated with go-karts. K1’s electric karts offer a smoother, faster ride for novice and veteran go-kart enthusiasts alike.
- Indulge Dad’s inner child at Ben & Ari’s in Fishers. With two designer miniature golf courses, two lanes of mini pin bowling and a massive arcade, this is the perfect place to spend a day. And when you need a little break from all the fun, stop in at the on-site cafe for a hearty helping of pizza and wings.
- Set adrift with Dad at the White River Canoe Company in Noblesville. Whether you prefer a leisurely float down the White River on an inner tube or a more adventurous full-day canoe trip, White River Canoe Company has you covered. They take care of the details, including transportation to designated drop-in sites, tips for navigating the river safely and help launching your kayak/canoe, so that you can focus on enjoying the ride.
- Hit the links with Dad at Shortee’s Golfon Indy’s far north side.Beginner and experienced golfers will feel right at home at Shortee’s. Hit a bucket of balls at the netted driving range, play a round at the 18-hole pitch and putt golf course or try out foot golf – the latest craze that merges soccer and golf on a modified 9-hole course. With reasonable rates (a traditional 9-hole round of golf is just $8 for adults and $7 for kids 12 and under), this is a fun and inexpensive way to golf together.
- Take Dad to see the Indianapolis Indians downtown. Summer just isn’t summer without a trip to the ballpark, and a visit to Victory Field is always entertaining. Take advantage of special deals like Two-for-One Tuesdays and Kids Eat Free Sundays to get more bang for your buck. Speaking of bang, Fireworks Fridays make a trip to game extra special.
So grab Dad and make a day of it! With so much to do close to home, there’s no shortage of “dad friendly” fun for everyone.