The spring Whale of a Sale children’s consignment event is taking place March 18-21, in Westfield’s indoor, 370,000 square-foot Grand Park Events Center. This is the 12th year for this successful consignment sale with more than 700 consignors registered to sell. Find Tickets Now.
The popular event, which is Indiana’s largest children’s consignment event, features clothing from baby to teen sizes, toys, strollers, books, sporting goods, furniture, and up to 90% off the retail cost. Participants can earn money as a consignor or find great deals as a shopper in a safe environment.
More than 700 local consignors will bring 100,000+ children’s items to the spacious facility. New and gently-used upscale children’s and maternity items are offered.
Whale of a Sale Schedule & Ticket Info:
Every shopper must have either a free or VIP ticket. CLICK HERE to purchase a VIP ticket or register for a free shopping day.
- BAGS – Please bring your own large bag/wagon to carry your items while shopping or purchase a $5 IKEA bag at our entry (pay at checkout) while supplies last. We will not be handing out and reusing IKEA bags for sanitary reasons.
- ENTRY: Crowd size will be limited due to the Governor’s requirements, so there may be a wait at the door for entrance.*KIDS – Children under 16 are not permitted on Thursday or Friday.
- MASKS – Masks are required.
- PAYMENT – Credit card ONLY. No cash or checks.
- SHOPPING LIMIT – During busy shopping times, you may be limited to 90 minutes.
EXTRA SAFETY MEASURES:
The health and safety of shoppers are the #1 priority. Safety measures include:
- Distance shoppers and merchandise to the best of our ability.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces in high traffic areas regularly.
- Require frequent handwashing for staff.
- Grand Park Event Center will have sanitizing stations around the facility.
- Provide frequent cleaning of restrooms and high touchpoints.
Whale of a Sale was voted the #1 consignment sale in Indianapolis from Indy’s Child Parenting Magazine readers! Consignment is increasingly popular as families find kids growing out of clothing and equipment quickly, and also desire to be “green” by recycling gently-used gear.
Shopper testimonials pour in after every sale. Shopper Laura said, “The best Indianapolis baby and kids consignment sale ever! Outstanding prices and upscale name brands that are close to brand new and many NEW clothes and toys too. If you have kids and live in the Indy area, this is a must go to event!”
Individuals interested in selling items must register at www.whale-sale.com. Consignors price their items and drop them off in advance and need not be present at the sale. They receive 60 percent of their total sales and the opportunity to receive up to 75 percent by volunteering. Consignors receive passes to shop the private pre-sale. The average consignor earns $500. Unsold clothing can be donated to charity partners Good Samaritan Network of Hamilton County.
Butler University alums and Carmel moms, Courtney O’Neil and Jennifer Hare, are the founders of the sale, started in 2009. O’Neil says they enjoy being able to provide local families a, “fun, fashionable, and clean bargain-hunting experience. We are NOT a garage sale – expect upscale finds.”
Whale of a Sale is an upscale children and maternity consignment sale bringing families together to sell and buy gently-used, top-quality items in a department-store-like setting. Visit www.whale-sale.com. Grand Park Events Center is located at 19000 Grand Park Blvd., Westfield, IN 46074