On the first Thursday of every month, The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis opens its doors from 4-8 p.m. for $6 admission per person. On Thursday, February 3, 2022, the museum celebrates Black achievements in history, science, art, music and sports with special programming on the first Thursday in February.
Black History Month Celebration Activities
The Black History Month celebration at the Children’s Museum features activities for all ages. Guest can:
- Participate in the Community Artist Showcase featuring local Black artists.
- Celebrate African-American heritage through stories and music.
- Contribute to our #BLACKLIVESMATTER mural with a variety of colors, shapes, and patterns.
- Discover how soybeans can be used to make a variety of products and learn about the work of African American chemist and soybean scientist Dr. Percy Julian.
- Take a stand for a social justice cause in the Making WAVES program.
Please note: The Children’s Museum continues to operate at reduced capacity. To ensure reservations, visit childrensmuseum.org/visit/buy-tickets. Face masks that cover the nose and mouth are required indoors for all visitors ages 2 and older, regardless of vaccination status. Visitors who do not comply will be asked to leave.