We all know America’s Got Talent… and we know much talent can be found right here in Central Indiana! Downtown Indy and the contractors of Quality Connection and the electrical workers of IBEW #481 announce that it is time for Indy’s own renowned holiday auditions. All entertainers, singers, musicians, dancers, choral groups and more are invited to audition to perform at the 53rd annual Circle of Lights presented by the Contractors of Quality Connection and Electrical Workers of IBEW #481, which takes place on Monument Circle in Downtown Indianapolis Friday, Nov. 27.
Circle of Lights’ new media partner, WTHR-13, will showcase an audition special, Circle of Lights: Indiana’s Got Talent, taking viewers behind the scenes as hundreds of Hoosier singers, dancers and entertainers vie for a spot in the beloved Circle of Lights show. The one-hour special will premiere Tuesday, Nov. 24 at 7 p.m. on WTHR-13. This is in addition to WTHR-13’s live coverage of the Circle of Lights® Friday, Nov. 27 at 7 p.m.
Selected finalists from first auditions will be called back for a final audition. With more than 100 acts auditioning each year, a second audition allows judges to focus on the top acts and then select the finalists for the live show.
First round auditions will take place as follows:
- –Saturday, Sept. 26 from 8 a.m. – noon| Electrical Training Institute, 1751 S. Lawndale Ave.(Take the Sam Jones Expressway to Lynhurst. North on Lynhurst to Minnesota. West on Minnesota to Lawndale. Left on S. Lawndale just before the I-465 overpass).
- –Tuesday, Sept. 29 from 5 – 8 p.m. | IBEW 481, 1828 N. Meridian St.
A final, invitation-only audition will take place for selected finalists in mid-October. Acts are encouraged to have a second number prepared should they be invited to call-backs. Singers are strongly advised NOT to perform a cappella!
There is no need to pre-register for auditions. Performers will audition in the order in which they arrive. Performers should choose either Sept. 26 or 29 and allow several hours for the audition process.
Performers should prepare a number/act using the following specifications:
- –Auditions should not exceed two minutes. This time limit will be strictly enforced at auditions. Acts chosen for the show will have approximately 3 – 3½ minutes to perform but for the sake of time, we must limit auditions.
- –A holiday theme is required (upbeat preferred.)
- –A cappella acts are rarely chosen to advance. Please bring recorded musical tracks formatted to CD.
- –If desired, a keyboard will also be provided. (Please provide your own keyboardist.)
- –Stage dimensions are 24’ x 16’.
- –Solo and group acts welcome. For groups exceeding 25 performers, please contact us ahead of time due to possible space limitations.