Mother’s Day is just around the corner. In a year when she needs celebrated more than ever, consider one of the many awesome celebrations being offered in and around Indianapolis to honor our Hoosier moms.
Bring on the Mother’s Day Brunch
Brunch is a Mother’s Day classic. Here are a few Indy favorites to consider.
- Trader’s Point Creamery in Zionsville offers brunch every weekend, so they really know how to do it! For this Mother’s Day, consider dining in their picturesque setting situated right on the farm or order an entire brunch menu to go. Their special Mother’s Day menu includes salad, two entrees, three sides and a dessert. There are optional add-on mimosa kits and flower bouquets. Meals start at $125 and feed four adults.
- Newfields will have live music and flowers from 9 am to 5 pm on both Saturday, May 8 and Sunday, May 9, 2021. The Beer Garden will be transformed into a coffee and pastry bar, and they will also serve mimosas. Pop Up Wine will be hosting a 21+ brunch with wine pairings before the museum opens from 9:30-11 am. A Mother’s Day Market will take over the greenhouse that day, too. It is sure to be a popular destination, so be sure to call ahead.
- Want to pamper mom in bed? Call The Fresh Market and reserve a Mother’s Day brunch for four which includes quiche, bacon, blueberry muffins, fruit, orange juice and a bouquet of flowers for $39.99.
Mother’s Day Dinner in Indy
Let mama sleep in, bring her breakfast in bed, then head out for dinner in the evening! There are plenty of great meal packages being offered in the Indy area. here are just a few.
- Fogo de Chao in Indianapolis is offering all moms a $25 gift card with their meal. Children 6 and under are complementary; children 7-12 enjoy a half-priced meal.
- Kona Grill at Clay Terrace in Carmel is offering a special on rose and roses for mom all day long.
- Hollyhock Hill has a Mother’s Day family-style menu which features their famous fried chicken and includes mimosas or bloody marys and petit fours from Taylor’s Bakery. This family style meal is $36 per adult and $19.95 per child. You can also order the family-style meal to-go for $28.
- Want to avoid the crowds? Turn your kitchen into a restaurant. Create a menu. Dress up the table. Assign roles: hostess, waiter, head chef and sous chef. Mom will be in for a one-of-a-kind experience!
A Spa Day for Mom
There are a couple of spas in the Indianapolis area that have put together special packages just for Mother’s Day weekend.
- The Woodhouse Day Spa in Carmel, Fishers and Zionsville is offering three different packages: Time to Herself ($265) includes a massage and facial; Mom’s Retreat ($350) includes a therapeutic stone massage and facial; and All That She Deserves ($520) includes The Woodhouse Escape (a massage experience), a hydrafacial and a lavender sugar scrub pedicure.
- Spavia in Fishers offers several specialty treatments, all of which include a catered lunch. Relax ($198) includes a massage and facial; Recenter ($269) includes a warm oil scalp treatment, facial and massage; and Renew ($329) includes a massage, facial and detox wrap. Spavia is also offering a free package of their travel size skin care line with the purchase of any $150 gift card.
- If one of these spa day experiences is not in the budget, consider creating an at-home spa day for mom. Decorate the bathroom with candles and flowers. Play light classical music. Fill a basket with bath salts, bubbles, a mask or two, and reading materials. Bring her a menu of treats and snacks and cater to her.
For the Animal Lover
Join Oinking Acres Farm and Rescue Sanctuary on Sunday, May 9 in Brownsburg for their first annual Mother’s Day event. The event includes a tour, time with the animals, photos and light refreshments. They only allow a limited number of guests, so be sure to call ahead!
For the Gardener
Head to Emily’s Backyard Blooms in Fortville for a Mother’s Day Mini Market and Plant Sale on Saturday, May 8. You will be able to purchase veggie and flower starts along with hanging flower baskets. Local artist, Amanda Stuart of Stargirls Studios will be creating live art at the even all day long.
For the Yogi
Baptiste Power Yoga Indianapolis in Carmel is offering a free Flow and Reset: Moms Edition yoga class on Sunday, May 9 at 4 pm. This class includes 45 minutes of gentle yoga followed by a 15-minute meditation. The end of the session will be celebrated with a champagne toast.
For the Theatre Enthusiast
Civic Theatre in Carmel is finally open for live shows, just in time for Mother’s Day weekend. They have put together a show featuring favorites from past musicals under the theme of hope. Enjoy music from The Color Purple, Elf, Frozen, and many more. Opening night is Thursday, April 29 and the show runs through Saturday, May 15.
For the Artist
Anders Ruff Workshop in Westfield is offering a Mom and Me Craft Class. For every adult project purchased, children receive one free wooden sign to paint for free. Adult projects include a plank wood sign, porch sign, bath tray, framed wood sign and more. Be sure to call ahead for a reservation.
No matter what you do, your mom is sure to feel special with just a little planning ahead. Enjoy the day and enjoy each other!