Where can you experience the largest Ferris wheel in the state and enjoy free concerts from some of your favorite musicians all in one day? The answer is the Indiana State Fair! The Fair is scheduled for July 28-August 20 and is closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
The Indiana State Fair serves as the state’s premier hub for affordable family fun. In addition to this list of 100 completely FREE things to do at the Indiana State Fair, there are also daily deals and discounts available to help make this the best entertainment value in the Midwest!
5 Ways to Save Big at the 2022 Indiana State Fair
1. Attend the fair on a Thursday
Every Thursday is $3 Thursday! Indiana State Fair admission is only $3, plys $3 Midway Rides, and $3 food options at each food stand. Thursday, August 3, 10, and 17.
2. Know when the Special Discount Days are happing:
- BMV Discount Day: Aug 2 – BMV Discount Day is slated for Wednesday, August 3 this year. To get $7 gate admission on BMV Discount Day, visit www.IN.gov/BMV for your voucher. Both printed and digital vouchers will be accepted at the gate on August 2.
- Free IndyStar Ticket: Aug. 9 – Grab a copy of the IndyStar on Thursday, August 7th for a FREE admission ticket to the Fair – valid ONLY at the State Fair on Wednesday, August 9 for FREE admission.
- AAA Day: Aug 16 – AAA Cardholders receive FREE State Fair admission with a valid AAA membership card presented at the gate. One valid card per person.
- Military & First Responders’ Day: Aug 18 – First responders, current and former Military, and their families receive FREE admission with a valid ID presented at the gate.
3. Ride the tractor for FREE this year
Get around the grounds for FREE this year on our tractor shuttles.
4. Ride your bike to the fair and save
This year, its saves to ride your bike to the fair. Save $1.00 off Fair admission when you ride your bicycle to the Fair and use one of the free secured bike racks on the Monon Trail north of 38th St.
5. Rock out at the Hoosier Lottery Free Stage
For more ways to save and enjoy your Indiana State Fair, a complete list of more than 100 FREE Things to do while visiting the 2023 Indiana State Fair available here: https://www.indianastatefair.com/p/state-fair/general-information/100-free-things-to-do.
About the 2022 Indiana State Fair:
The Indiana State Fair is the state’s largest multi-day event celebrating Hoosiers’ spirit and agricultural heritage. These 18 days celebrate Indiana agriculture and promote it to hundreds of thousands of people across Indiana, and beyond. Nationally recognized for offering great entertainment, showcasing 4-H youth, interactive agriculture education programs, premier facilities and a variety of unique, fun foods, the Indiana State Fair has been an annual attraction for generations of Hoosiers since 1852. The 2023 Indiana State Fair will be held July 28 – August 20 (closed Mondays & Tuesdays). For more information, visit www.indianastatefair.com.